Educator "Think Different" Set

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by TFSC, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2012
    I recently retired from teaching and was going through a box of packed up items. I found an unopened box of the educator "Think Different posters". There are thirty posters (11x17) still in plastic with the original letters and original mailing box. I am interested in selling the complete set. In looking at ebay, individual posters in mint condition are going for $40. Is a person better off selling as a complete set or selling individual posters?
  2. macrumors 6502

Feb 13, 2012
    Somewhere Else
    think over the price, these are MINT.
  3. macrumors 604

Dec 31, 2004
    "No escape from Reality..."
    NIP? (New In Package?) Complete set? :eek:

Ummmmm, LOTS of money....:p
  4. macrumors member

Aug 29, 2010
    Wow, great find. The ones you see for $40 on eBay are knockoffs. Your original ones, sealed, are worth MUCH more. I am not too familiar with the prices, but some of the rare ones can go for $600+. I think in your case, as you have the original box and everything, it would be worth more to sell as a set...but you may have to wait some time to find a buyer willing to spend the $$ they are worth.
  5. macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2006
    looking for trash files
    teacher + original set = RETIREMENT FUND. :)

crazy value, don't sell cheap. best of luck.
  6. BlueEagle, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

macrumors member

Nov 27, 2012
    Newton NJ
    sorry to bring this post back, but I have a set of 10 11X17 posters. I got them from my commercial art teacher back in 2006. He was going to throw them away, so i saved them from getting destroyed. Ive been looking around and really can't find a definite value for them. How much would you value a set of 10 with minimal scratching to a few of them? Just curious more then anything.
  7. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    Put the entire set on eBay as a single item, with no reserve, reasonably low starting price, long auction time. Get lots of high-quality photos, do your research, write a long, detailed auction description. (Heck, include a segment on each poster - including a one-sentence biography of each person!)

Once you put it on eBay, advertise the living bejezzus out of it on every Mac enthusiast news site there is. (Submit it as a story, etc.)

It *WILL* get covered, and it will sell for over $1000.