Effects of Change

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Jul 16, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Link
    there are obvious changes between this record and this record.

Homes, I do believe something is a foot!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Weak tornadoes, numerous hurricanes. Sample size is too small to postulate a trend... Holmes. ;)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Really good news to hear of no deaths this year. Having lived in Nebraska and my tornadoes, the early warning notification has saved a lot of lives.

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Maybe so, but just blind chance?
    Tornado warnings, and construction have improved, so there has to be some allowance for that. This hurricane season has been unusual too, extremely unusual from a statistical view. As patterns change it is interesting to see the effects, I hope most are benign.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Always glad to hear about less deaths caused by natural disasters. What ya know change is for the better after all.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Really glad to hear that there have been no tornado deaths. Living within 20 miles of Jarrell, I know what damage a tornado can do...

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

IANAM, but it would seem to me that the factors that spawn tornadoes over dry land are very different from those that spawn hurricanes over oceans... Coincidence, maybe. Common cause, unlikely. We'll see if there is repeat in the future to indicate some kind of linkage.