Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vicki2314

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Texas
Just wondering if anyone would share their experiences with this online store.

I've been a Newegg customer for a while now but I've recently found better buys at Egoodz than Newegg...

Thanks!!

vicki2314

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Texas
Just to follow-up I've noticed that the seals egoodz.com has listed on the bottom of their site are not linked. I've searched TRUSTe, CNET, and Yahoo Shopping and cannot find egoodz listed anywhere!

I've contacted CNET and filed a watchdog report with TRUSTe and hopefully I can get some answers soon.

In the meantime, I'm still searching for anyone who's dealt with egoodz.com before... anyone out there???

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Maybe this will help:
Do not do business with...

If you must try their ebay store

And I always worry if an online retailer is not on resellerratings.com because it seems like they should have at least some mention...yanno?
Not to mention, any online retailer who does not give a physical address is no place for me to shop.
Other red flags:
no telephone number that I could find after searching for 45 seconds.
The need to post every single "certification" they have...and according to you, they don't appear to check out right away. If they were THAT established they would have something on reseller ratings don't you think?
Prices are lower than standard unless this is off brand stuff.
15% restocking fee...not a red flag, just ******.
They said
Cancel Order
You may request a cancellation of your order, provided your order has not already been processed and shipped. Please call during our business hour to cancel your order. If your account has already been charged, you will receive a credit back to your account within approx. 1-2 business days. Please never request cancel order via Email as we may not receive it in time.
and fail to give a phone #.

I wouldn't buy from them and if someone comes back and vouches for them, they are a newbie then they're probably full of crap. No offense but that is the trend.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
i have a general rule against buying from sellers that replace Ss with Zs. but that's just me

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
And -- just to raise the red flag higher -- always do a WHOIS lookup on the domain name to see who registered it and when. Does the following information give you a good feeling?

Registrant:

Registered through: Domains Priced Right
Domain Name: EGOODZ.COM
Created on: 02-Jul-02
Expires on: 02-Jul-10
Last Updated on: 04-Feb-05

Administrative Contact:
, garryfilyn@yahoo.com

Technical Contact:
, nocontactsfound@secureserver.net

That's right -- totally obscured and/or phony WHOIS registration info, which a violation right there.

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I agree with the WHOIS comments. That's a pretty easy way to get some more information about a website you're not totally sure about. It's not definitive, but it can definitely give you an idea of whether you want to do business with them or not. In this case, I think you're better off sticking with NewEgg.

vicki2314

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Texas
Xander562 said:
i have a general rule against buying from sellers that replace Ss with Zs. but that's just me

LOL

Thanks for all the help everyone, it seems this store just has too many red flags to deal with and I'm glad I took a minute to really check them out before I bought anything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.