Eh... Apple.. Fix Your Site

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Apr 16, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Dashboard on apples website as viewed by 91% of net viewers on pc's looks uber bad.. and thats with normal font.. as well as other parts of the tiger site.. there are many examples of it.. but here are a few..

Attached Files:

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

who cares what it looks like on a pc :p
    (Glib I know, but it's late!)
    But seriously, I'm not sure how much influence an OS update would have on potential switchers? Anyone in that situation?

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Two Words:

Get Firefox

Thats why IE sucks, pages turn out crapily (new word!) and suck and make the developer look bad... ALSO, I think it looks fine if you have DPI set to 120... above or below looks bad.

4. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Hm, let's see, wouldn't the OS be the reason that switchers are switching? It's not that it's an OS update, but it's an OS. The Apple OS.
    -Chase

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

That is kinda why I asked the question. And i would imagine people who are seriously thinking of buying an Macintosh imminently will realise that Tiger is an update (these people probably already know the various benefits of os x generally).

6. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

but switchers use ie.. well most of em i would think.. and i mean cmon' apple.. i thought they were a company of standards? at least make ur site so it works across the board.. a basic user on a chepo comp shouldn't have to forced to install fire fox if they wanna find out more info on mac os x tiger...eesh

7. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Those extra features might really seal the deal for them. But I agree that they should be moving towards standards compliancy and making their website be viewable and usable under IE. I'm still hoping that Dunstan has a job in the web dev department at Apple (although something cooler would be fine too :D).
    -Chase

8. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

FWIW, crappily ought to have 2 p's! :p

9. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Seems pretty unprofessional of Apple if you ask me.. Good thing nobody asked me :D

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Web development standards have been shot to hell. Apple's not the only one to suffer. All those idiot PC users are to blame for embracing Microsoft's version of the world wide web.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ive never had a problem view apple's website with IE or any other browser for that matter, IE is the web browser that doesnt comply to standards, which is why it is crap, argh (checks to make sure that it isnt in applications folder - good its still gone for good, at least i can delete if off of this computer unlike Windows)

12. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Before a Windows user would be able to comprehend switching to a Mac, they would need to at least know that Firefox is a real web browser...

13. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Perhaps Apple thinks that if a PC user visits the site and it looks garbled like that that they will think "Darn, my computer's broken. Maybe I should get a Mac." Admittedly there's a slight possibility I could be wrong.

14. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Thats a good thought prosess i think for that to work a few more pages would have to turn out crappily.