Ehh, Cold Season :(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Nov 27, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I feel it comin'. I thought I wouldn't get sick this season, but I feel it. I get this irritation in the back of my nose. It's the same thing everytime. I've been takin my vitamins, and takin' green tea pills. Hopefully I'll get over it quick. Anyone else gettin sick? Any tips? I think i need to get a humidifier...

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Not at the moment, but it is only 11-27. Using past trends, I generally have to wait until the latter part of December before some farm animal riding the NYC subway starts sneezing without covering their mouth ... and that is when my misery begins.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I don't remember the last time I have been sick. :rolleyes: Maybe once or twice when I was a child.

My condolences to all who are suffering through the season.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've been goin' out at night (TG weekend) a lot, and it's been damn cold. I don't think Black Friday helped either. I'm just gunna sleep and rest all I can tomorrow.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Fruit and sleep

and then when you're tired of Fruit and Sleep,
    switch it up
    and have
    sleep and fruit

Mmmm... Fruit and sleep.
    It makes colds go by MUCH faster.

also, stay hydrated!!!

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

A lot of the activity around the TG weekend leaves many people a bit rundown and somewhat more susceptible to colds, etc. You are right in that BF did not help ... one of the more helpful things to do is to be as well-rested as possible. Feel better in the days ahead.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I went in for my flu/ pneumonia jabs yesterday, so hopefully that's me protected for the winter! My upper arms are feeling quite sore today, though...

8. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

You should be okay. I received my flu shot in the office two weeks ago and for several days after it felt as if a brick was inside my upper arm. I don't ever recall that type of soreness ... the odd part is that I barely felt the injection going in.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've got me a cold, problem is it's the start of summer. I hate being sick when it's hot, good thing we've just had a mother of a cold front come through and knock temps in half within an hour and now it feels like winter so my nose is relatively clear but I can't taste anything or smell anything.

I set up my christmas tree today, a little tiny 45cm number with some fiber optic lights and I added some red balls and some mini candy canes. It's my first christmas tree on my own and it's sitting on my breakfast bar looking very cool indeed - if a little small and "here's a lonely bloke with a tiny tree"ish. I still like it though, don't like this code in by dose though, makes me all stuvvy.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Keep up the vitamins. I'm nearly over mine, I've just gotta stop staying out late, drinking and exercising (not necessarily in that order, if at all). :eek:

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I never get flu shots but my boyfriend does every year. Same story w/ him; he complained about his sore arm for a few days and was surprised by it, as well.

I feel a little sick but I'm actually excited in a way. I haven't been sick in about five years. It's time my body's immune system had a challenging fight. :D And this is really really unhealthy, but I also tend to drop pounds like they're nothing when I get sick (part of the reason why I'm hoping I'll get more sick). :eek:

12. iGary Guest

iGary

Three of my nephews had a bug at Thanksgiving....

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ewwie... sickos! :p Glad you survived your weekend.

14. iGary Guest

iGary

I actually enjoyed myself quite thoroughly - thanks. ;)

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I guess sitting here at 3am in shorts and a T shirt with the windows open a bit isn't doing much for me. Might go get some sleep.

Damned summer cold change making us all sick. It's the end of November and the Bureau of Meteorology is giving good odds on snow in the Snowy Mountains tonight. It's nuts, I mean, yes, it can snow anywhere here on any day of the year but gee, late November? That's pushing it a bit.

I got a cold once from playing cricket in driving snow in January once!!! It snowed, at my place (low, not far from the coast), in January. Could not believe I'd ever see snow in January here.

Sniffle sniffle, shuffle shuffle, snuggle snuggle (no one to snuggle with though :( ), ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.....

16. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I've been sick for about a week now, 'sniffles', headaches, sore throat, etc.

17. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

bwahah I never get sick, i just get the unknown illness of the century ><!

kinda contradictory with my signature....But sick in my sig means basically well yeah Ungodly ill for 13 months now, not sick as in the flu

18. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I, thankfully, have not been sick this Fall. Especially since I have been only getting 5 or 6hrs sleep and working my butt off with projects at Uni. Got my first flu shot last year and might get one this year.

Everett, WA just got it's first snow fall. Not much of a coverage, just a few patches and some ice on the porch. Won't last long.

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i got a sick last year for the first time in i dont know when, but that was mainly due to emotional strain and my body thus being rather ineffective. i think i should be fine this year though. i'm not worried, a lot of it is your mental perception too.

20. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

The best remedy for a cold is a huge mug of scolding hot dark rum, with a dash of hot chocolate (the real mccoy, from full-fat milk and actual chocolate).
    Its not likely to make the cold disapear, but just you get down under a ton of blankets and inhale this stuff; and all of a sudden, being down with a cold isn't that bad at all:D

-squirrel

21. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I haven't had a cold in a long time but I took an airplane this Thanksgiving and now I've got the sniffles and a sore throat.

22. applegirl macrumors regular

applegirl

I find that taking echinecea helps shorten the lengths of my cold/flu. I prefer the liquid drops (usually you can find it in a natural food/health food store) over pill form, even though the taste is disgusting.

Definitely up your intake of vitamin c--eat more fruit as Katie suggested, and also drink plenty of water.

Also, take it easy, and try to keep the temperature in your bedroom at a moderate temperature when you sleep, not too cold. Hot showers with lots of steam helps clear up congestion. Wash your hands before you eat and keep your hands away from your face (jeez, I sound like a germ-phobe, but being sick really sucks).

23. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

One word: Nyquil.

Reserve a nice and long night and take a shot of the stuff. You can thank me later.

24. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

My wife and both my daughters came down with the pukes yesterday and are finally getting over it now.

25. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

eww ive been sick twice already and had to see the doc once (i hadnt gone to the doc in 3 year before that)
    that tells you how often i get sick