ehm... i need the boot panel for 10.3!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iTwat, Dec 27, 2003.

1. iTwat macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2003
    Hi every1. I'm pretty new to macs, only got one in May. (So i'm guessing it was a bit too early for me to be messing around with stuff like this lol...) I had Jaguar and i was using Visage to change the boot panels and stuff, then i upgraded to Panther last night which obviously installed the new 10.3 boot panel over the top of it. I was just having a snoop round everywhere checking out the new stuff Panther had done. i went into visage to see if anything had changed in there and it changed my boot panel back to the custom one i downloaded, but i wanted to keep with the standard Panther one for now, so i chose 'Apple default' from the menu but it was the old one from 10.2! Does anyone have or know where i can get back the Panther boot panel and put it back?

Cheers v much :)
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to fix this problem for you. But, what I do want to tell you is this...
    DO NOT upgrade from Jag to Panther, backup your stuff and do a clean install from scratch, you won't regret it. Next, DO NOT use theme changers, they are so often the death of a perfectly good and stable OS.

/lesson :D
  3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2003
    Email the company who makes visage because they probably have visage move the default somewhere.