Eight New Stores by Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sayhey, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Apple's CFO Anderson announced that Apple will have eight new stores opened by Thanksgiving. It would seem that these are the most likely candidates:

Legacy Village, Lyndhurst (OH) - mall opens October 24

Washington Square, Tigard (OR) - Apple store opening on November 7th

Village at Corte Madera (CA)

The Promenade at Sagemore, Marlton (NJ) - mall opening Nov. 1st

La Encantada, Tucson (AZ) - mall opens Nov. 7th

University Town Center, San Diego (CA)

Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie (IL)

North Point Mall, Alpharetta (GA)

In addition, Anderson announced the store in the Ginza District, Tokyo (Japan) will open sometime in Dec. 2003.

The likely candidates for the first part of 2004 are:

Aventura Mall, Aventura (FL)

SouthPark, Charlotte (NC)

Union Square, San Francisco (CA) - Spring 2004

The Shops at Mission Viejo (CA)

Anderson also announce that the retail stores are for the first time profitable.

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Awesome!!! I hope they don't become like Starbucks, but I certainly hope there are eventually enough of them that most people will be within reasonable driving distance of one.

I also hope they start opening them in Europe - I'd love to be able to visit a few Apple Stores when I'm in Europe next.

To stroll up the Champs Elysees and see an iMac, glowing at me from a crystal clear window..... sigh. Of course I'd do the other stuff too...... you know, all those old buildings and art thingies and stuff. ;)

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

oh goodie! and i'm still like 5 hours from the nearest one! thank you apple, for assuming that people in iowa don't use computers! brilliant strategy, since our school systems are some of the best in the nation and most rely on Macs! Don't want to keep bothering your retail employees by having parents come in all the time to get their kids iBooks...

I bet California could use a dozen more tho... In a 4 block radius, if it's possible...

:rolleyes:
    pnw

4. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It has to do with what population center you are closest to, not what state you are in. You're best bet maybe a store in the Omaha metro area. It would be the smallest population center to get a store, but it is close to the same size as Albany and Tucson, both markets with stores (or in Tucson's case, will have one shortly.) Apple hasn't said they are stopping opening new stores yet, so there is still hope for 2004-2005.

5. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Exactly, I'm sure a store in Syrcause would do very well. Especially considering that they're going to expand the mall there to be the biggest mall in the US.

6. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Syracuse is right there with Omaha as possible sites for a new store. Of course there are quite a few larger cities in line and a few California sites (Fresno, Bakersfield, etc.) that fall into the same category. :p

The big thing is that the stores are now PROFITABLE. That means expansion will continue and new communities will get to know Apple products in an environment that actually promotes them. When was the last time you tried to get any information at CompUSA about a mac? If the Apple employee isn't there -- don't bother.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Arg, I can't believe you people...

Forgetting the store I am opening across the street from me...

Really, sure its unoffical... and the Genius Bar only has one person... but its good!

;)

8. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

APPLE MUST REALLY HATE SOUTH CAROLINIANS so the nearest store is in the next state???? how the heck you increase market share if you dont have 1 store in the entire state Mr Steve Jobs????know wonder so many carolinians are using PC'S. same people deciding where to build stores must be the same idiots that keep forcing non upgradeable slow g4 imacs on us. i swear they must have a bunch of clowns making all the decisions. i guess this is better then 2 years ago where if you wanted a mac you needed a mailman and a mail order catalog.

10. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    I've been excited about the one opening up in Lyndhurst for quite some time now. Finally, we northern Ohioites have an Apple Store! MUHAHAHAHA!!! er... i mean... yeah...

Plus it opens the same say as Panther is released? does it get any better?

11. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Lyndhurst, OH store is going to be the nearest one for me, just 2 hours. I will try to make it on opening day / panther release day. I still can't believe Apple is not putting one on Pittsburgh.

12. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

13. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

This is the most up-to-date information I can get.

1 - Legacy Village, Lyndhurst, Ohio to open 10/24/03 at 10:00 am.

2 - University Town Center, San Diego, California to open 10/24/03 at 8:00 pm (Thanks, Doctor Q, who found out the right month.)

3 - The Promenade at Sagemore, Marlton, New Jersey to open with new mall on 11/01/03.

4 - La Encantada, Tucson, Arizona to open with new mall on 11/07/03.

5 - Washington Square, Tigard, Oregon to open 11/07/03 (First store in the state.)

6 - Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie, Illinois to open on 11/08/03 (thank you, Giaguara!)

7 & 8 - the Village at Corte Madera, California and North Point Mall, Alpharetta, Georgia to open before Thanksgiving.

9 - Ginza Shopping District, Tokyo, Japan to open Dec. '03.

Sometime after Jan 01, 2004 and before May 2004 at least three (including the San Francisco location) of the following stores will open

1 - Aventura Mall, Aventura, Florida.

2 - South Park Mall, Charlotte, North Carolina.

3 - The Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, California.

4 - Union Square, San Francisco, California.

There is also a rumored site for Fall 2004 at Eastern Shore Center, Spanish Fort, Alabama that has been reported by Think Secret. I haven't found any other confirmation of that site, however.

Anyone living near any of the sites that has any further information, please post it.

14. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Hmmm, combo store opening and Panther kickoff at UTC...twice the bang for your buck! :D

I think this might finally be the Apple event that makes me wait in line with the rest of the geeks. ;)

15. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

We need an Apple Store in either eastern Washington or western Idaho. Because, you know, they're really the same, except for the arbitrary state line :D

16. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

So Spokane or Boise? Both have metro areas around 410,000 to 420,000 range. There are only forty or fifty population centers larger without a store. My bet is on places like Pittsburgh, San Antonio, Kansas City, etc. getting a store first. I hope Apple keeps building new stores on an accelerated pace so that the whole country can see macs in an environment that doesn't treat them as irrelevant machines. To do so the have to keep making a profit off the stores, and that means no to overexpansion.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Since I'm a native Buckeye, congratultions to Ohio for another Apple Store. This will make there third. Noticed another interesting factoid, it's located by a Cheesecake Factory. I wonder is Steve likes that store or if its just a coincidence?

18. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I'm glad to see Apple continuing to build more stores. Though I am still hoping for a store that is close to me. The nearest one is about two hours away!

19. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

The new Apple store in NJ is still an hour away from me:( We have at least 3 now and they are still so far away!! Build one in Trenton or Philly!!!

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

another example why the consumer models should be sold in consumer stores... at least until a Apple store in ever state & major city. get the emac/ibook and software back in walmart sears and higher end stores. have a mini display also showing off & selling ipods- demo- itunes etc... come on steve get moving!

21. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I have never understood why the Philly area is so devoid of stores. The Marlton store is good but it would seem that the city of Philadelphia itself is a likely place for a flagship, high visibility store like Soho and Chicago. In fact, Boston, Washington, and Philly would all make a lot of sense for these types of stores in their downtown areas. I hope that come next May we see some movement on Apple's part in this direction. Given the gushing remarks by Anderson in regard to the success of the Chicago store, it wouldn't surprise me.

Don't Hurt Me, a question - are there no Best Buy or CompUSA stores in South Carolina? If so do they have the "store within a store" Apple area? I know it is a poor substitute, but it sounds like you don't even have that.

For those who are interested in this stuff there is a great site with the most up-to-date info on Apple's retail stores at:
    http://www.ifoapplestore.com/

It's not my site, but I find it very informative. Of course, the guy who runs the site is from the SF Bay Area, so he has the right kind of bias concerning the stores. :D

22. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Now MacCentral is reporting a opening date for the Alpharetta store of Nov. 22nd.

23. electric macrumors regular

Here is a picture of the San Francisco store during construction.

24. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

electric,

that is one store I will be at on opening day.

25. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

still no word for Apple Store Canada. come on Apple, open one up here. :(