EJBs and XCode 2.1

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by DavidLeblond, Jun 7, 2005.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I'm looking into playing around with Enterprise Java Beans in XCode 2.1. I looked at a tutorial, but it said that when I click "New Project" in XCode it should be listed under WebObjects but all I got is this:

Attached Files:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

All I can think is that you need to install an aditional package to get those templates. Not sure which one though. Try starting the XCode installer again and doing a customised install.

3. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I thought about that too, but I can't find anything in the Customized install. I did install the free WebObjects 5.3 as well. Is this perhaps something different about 5.3? I notice all the WebObjects tutorials all reference "Project Builder" instead of XCode, so maybe they're all outdated?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This (not XCode 2.1 specific) indicates that EJBs might be under a heading of J2EE.

Edit to add this stating you need to do a custom install with "J2EE application server components".

5. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I coulda sworn I checked everything, but when I get back home I'll look over it and I'll let you know what I find.

6. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I still can't get Enterprise JavaBeans Framework to show up in the New Project list. I don't have any J2EE package in my XCode .DMG. Am I missing something?