Ejecting the network?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sunrobby, May 26, 2006.

1. sunrobby macrumors regular

Hi, i'm new to mac, and i just wonder why i can eject the network (there is an icon to eject it) in my MBP, but there is no icon to eject the network on my mac mini? I never tried ejecting the network on my MBP though, what will happen if i do so? Thanks :)

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hi. My Mac mini has the ability to 'eject' a network drive that I'm connected to. It just disconnects you. I'm not sure why you'd have it on one and not the other though!

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are we talking about ejecting a connected drive or are we talking about the eject button next to the Network icon in the sidebar of the Finder? :)

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

And there was me thinking they were exactly the same thing! ;) I guess they do the same thing, but just in different ways. FWIW, I can eject a network drive on my Mac mini that I have connected to via Finder > Go > Connect to server by either dropping the desktop icon into the trash or clicking the eject icon next to it in Finder.

5. sunrobby thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, yes im talking about ejecting te network, in finder, there is network in the top of Macintosh HD right? There is icon to eject in right side of it on my MBP but not on my mini, just curious though :p

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It appears half the time on both my machines and to the best of my knowledge, it's just a bug that doesn't mean anything. I could be wrong though. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Sporadic appearances of eject icons next to the Network icon are pretty normal. :)