Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Elago's W3 Stand for Apple Watch can turn Apple's modern wearable device into a classic Macintosh, all while charging and protecting the Apple Watch. The Nightstand Mode-only accessory has a slot for the Apple Watch's charging puck and a small compartment that you slide the Apple Watch into, turning its 38mm or 42mm display into that of a retro Mac. The dock was originally announced last November, but is just now gaining attention online.

elago-apple-watch-dock-2-800x447.jpg
To prevent scratching on the Apple Watch's casing, band, and screen, the entire W3 dock is made of soft silicone, also making it easy to place and remove the Watch. The image used on Elago's website appears to use the Stone Sport Band on the Apple Watch, which is now unavailable on Apple.com. Any band and case combination will work on the dock, however.

elago-apple-watch-800x446.jpg

Those interested can purchase the W3 Stand from Elago's website for $13.49, as well as on Amazon for $11.99. An alternate black version is also available.

Article Link: Elago's W3 Charging Stand Turns Your Apple Watch Into the Original Macintosh

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
It would look great next to my front door where I keep my watch and airpods charging.
But no platinum version? :)

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Cute but why offer black at all? If anything, they should offer more Macs instead, such as current iMac.

Happy-Mac

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Sorry I'm in the minority here, but that's just friggen ugly. Talk about Skeuomorphism

No worries, I think it's fun, but that my opinion and I'm glad you shared yours.

Plus, kudos for the correct use of skeuomorphism.

I had to look it up because I had thought it was an example of reverse skeuomorphism, but I was wrong, skeuomorphing can indicate the imitation of design of anything.

Reactions: orbital~debris

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
So adorable. And a great way to dock your watch to use mighty as a clock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.