Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...is it worth it??

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Mar 24, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I keep hearing about this game and how every1 is raving about it. I wanted to know how good it is. Ive never really played an RPG game before, and im having a tough time understanding what an RPG is....so is it worth it?

2. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

when your asking, is it worth it? it is yes, xbox magazine gave it a 9.5/10, and the campaign was 42 hours long, thats unbelievable when the average game is only 10-15 hours of game play, if your lucky, and theres a multiplayer which is apparently great, so it is definetly worth it

3. therevolution macrumors 6502

RPG's aren't everyone's cup of tea. Why don't you rent it before you decide whether or not to buy it?

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

How about looking down six topics to the official Oblivion thread where we've been talking abou the game since last week. Lots of info in there.

5. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

42 hours is actually just a drop in the bucket, depending on how you decide to play it. I know my friend played Morrowind for months...

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

This comic, and the next few, explain just how good Oblivion is. :D

Linkety

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I didn't think there was a multiplayer in Oblivion , I heard morrowind had 600 hours of gameplay, I never finished it i just got bored (but i must have put in 100 hours+)

8. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

well i bought it and its a real cool game...i highly recommend it..

9. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

its a fun game, i just picked it up about 2 days ago. Again, I like the more, i dunno, Japanese RPGS like Xeno series, Final Fantasy, Suikoden or Kingdom Hearts. Those appeal to me more but it dosent take away from this game either. its a little different.

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

If nobody has seen the Oblivion review on eurogamer.net and are curious about the game it seems like a good review.

So what did they score it? 10/10!

11. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

If you're on the fence, buy it. I usually hate RPG's but Oblivion is awesome. I can see the game lasting a year if you didn't rush into the main story quests.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 Most intuitive menus of any RPG yet. Leveling is hands-off, while fighting is hands-on. Finally someone got it.

Graphics: 9.5/10 Not perfect. But you've never seen anything prettier in an RPG.

Sound: 9/10 Does a good job of not being intrusive while still giving clues.

Design: 10/10 Very, very, very, very well done. You'll marvel at the complexity which is implemented so simply. Well done Bethesda.

It's more fun than WoW, so that's saying something! Steal $60 if you have to, this one's worth it.

12. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

yea morrowind was a great game and so is oblivan it is so much more than morrowind. all i have done was beat the main quest in morrowind but that took for ever and a few side quest's along with the main i had to buy the guide to know what to do tho and to know what there was to do once the main quest was done