Elder Scrolls:Oblivion dated!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ringo, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

Since no thread were made I decided to make it myselft!

The release date is set to the 20th of March

http://www.elderscrolls.com/news/press_030206.htm

I personnaly cannot wait to play this game as it was the title that i wanted to get on release day and it was one of the reason for me to get a 360.

As much of you must know the Elder Scroll series are quite immersive game(read losing much of your night life to level and slice monster or just hang around). The funnt part is that i did not play more than 20 hours on this game...(in morrowind of course) but i still got hooked thanks to my friend who gave me the game for a week-end.Yes, that mean 20 hours in 48...

So did anyone else will buy it or already preodered it???

Btw... sorry for my english if it's poor... it's quite late and it's not my mother tongue

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

24th March for UK/Ireland....

So thats

Ghost Recon on the 10th
    The Outfit & Burnout Revenge on the 17th
    Elder Scrolls 3: Oblivion on the 24th
    Farcry Instincts on the 31st
    Blazing Angels on the 31st..........

6 games in 1 month.. Damn I need to earn some overtime :)

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Is it coming out for any other platforms? The game looks cool, but Im not buying a 360. :p

4. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

March is going to be one serious month- it's about time.

Ghost Recon, The Outfit, Burnout, Blazing Angels, and Fight Night are all on my Gamefly list, and I am buying Oblivion (and I don't even like rpg's!!). That Gamefly subscription is finally going to get some serious use.

5. KafkaWasRight macrumors newbie

This is the reason I'll be getting a 360. Well, this and Dead Rising...
    None of the other Elder Scrolls games came out for the Mac, did they?

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

New 720p Dead Rising trailer on xbox marketplace really impressed me. I wasn't going to get the game but after seeing the trailer and in game action it's on my list.

7. mo-ca macrumors member

there will be also a pc version (no mac :rolleyes: )

8. neut macrumors 68000

neut

W(hy)TF has the D&D style sold out to Microsoft??? Their is **** for Apple and Nintendo. And people are still pricing NeverWinter Nights (mac) @ $50!!! ... makes me sick. I used to love D&D style RPGs and now i can't play them with out shelling out cash for system i do not want to own.

The Revolution is the only other system i will purchase. I really hope a D&D RPG comes out for the mac, DS, or the cube soon. :(

peace | neut

9. NerdBoy macrumors member

NerdBoy

What? No oblivion on mac? Noooooooooooooooo!!! :mad: :mad:
    At least quake 4 is coming out on mac.

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Eh, I saw the preview for the game, and not only do the graphics not impress me, but the game play looks quite lame. Someone mentioned Dead Rising though, which looks pretty okay. We'll have to see, it's been a while since I played a really good hackemslashem game..

11. KafkaWasRight macrumors newbie

I have the game reserved now, but it looks like I won't have a 360 until April 1, which means I'll be sitting around with an unplayable copy of the game in my hands for 10 days. I guess that will give me some time to design my character.

12. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

Wow... look at the graphics again, they are amazing, and you need to realize, this isn't PGR3 or fightnight where its some tiny ass area thats rendered, its a huge world. elder scrolls 3 graphics are still great! And this game is in no attempt a hack-and-slash game, its (as was mentioned earlier) a D&D style RPG, and assuming that it takes what the other games in the series had and builds on it, it will be amazing. If you dont like the gameplay of morrowing, then you dont like RPGs. A hack-and-slash game is about as similar to morrowind as a nascar game is.

13. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No, I was tlaking about Dead Rising when I was mention hackemslashem.

I dunno, I downloaded the preview from 360 Dahsboard for Elder Scrolls, and nothing about it realy interested me. It reminds me of that Agetec game... gah.. what's that called? Anyway, not too interested. Could just be me though.

14. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the advertisement. Are any other companies paying you?

I think the graphics look pretty mediocre as well. The voice-acting doesn't match the animation, and the animations are just terrible. Granted, it could be a 'huge, rendered world' - but I think the player models and animations don't look very good. The combat looks especially lame and simple. Enemies appear to only have one mode of attack - the same pattern, over and over again. The physics look rather poor as well. Completely unrealistic.

I hated a lot of things about Morrowind, especially the gameplay. Ironically, I love RPGs. But, according to your new rule, I suppose I'm not allowed to anymore...

...shucks...

I'll try Oblivion for the PC before I decide the final verdict though. Hopefully it's better than it looks.

15. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

That, or he is just excited for a big month regarding Xbox 360 games. I think since the launch there have only been two worthwhile releases (Fight Night Round 3 and DOA 4)... and now we get a significant amount of big title releases.

Or maybe you are right, he might be working for some company and making a pretty penny out of his previous post.......