Eldon Square, Newcastle, UK

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by applemike, Apr 16, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

applemike

Anyone looking to go to Newcastle for the UK launch in may?

Ill be one of the few queueing there

:apple:Mike

2. macrumors member

i could be going, however if its 21st of may or later ill just buy it in the US.

3. macrumors 6502

Erm it is LATE May, It is going to be after the 21st for sure. Pretty much a no brainer there. they always leave at least 14 days for preorders.

Depending on the day I might be there to get some accesories. I cracked and Imported an Ipad that should arrive next week.

4. macrumors 6502

I'll be there, if I'm not working that day! Do you have to pre-order on the 10th to have any hope of getting one on launch day in store, or is there a chance of getting one on the day?

5. macrumors 6502a

You have a chance if you queue up early enough, Although I doubt that the demand will be anything like the US - Either way the Apple Store is Newcastle covers a huge area unlike the London ones so best to Pre-order, I don't think you need to pay to reserve one anyway so you can walk right in and pay for it and it's there just for you.

6. macrumors 6502

My only hesitation was that if I pre-ordered I wouldn't know for sure if I could get that day off work. But then again, I'd be in no worse a position than if I couldn't make it on the day having not pre-ordered!

I know what I'm talking about, honest. lol

7. macrumors 6502a

Isn't it open till late? Or maybe because it's in the Eldon Square they close at 6pm, I really don't know as im from London - But I'm *hopefully* going to Newcastle Uni in Sept, If you cover my flight costs i'll buy it for you and deliver specially to your workplace :cool: :apple: :cool:

8. macrumors 6502

Lol! What an offer. There;s no point going launch date if you don't get there at 7am!

9. macrumors 6502

Well, I just pre-ordered, and no option to pick up from store, so looks like I'll be getting it delivered to home!

10. macrumors newbie

Im working on the morning and I cant get out of it. If I get there for about 5.45 do you reckon they will still have iPads in stock? I want the 64GB WIFI. It closes at 7 BTW for the person who asked.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

After seeing the UK proces, im not sure i will be buying from the UK.

I have a friend in the US who can purchase me the 32GB 3G version (the one i want) at the US price, plus the local US sales price. then ship one here, as a gift and with a value of less than £40 on the box, so that it gets no customs charge or import duty.

will get the 32GB 3G for the price of a 32GB wifi here.

12. macrumors newbie

Is there anyone off to Eldon Square on Friday? If so what time are people getting there?

I had pre-ordered mine but theres no change in the status of it still not shipped looks like I might be queuing!

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

Well unfortunately after seeing the UK prices, and blowing my money on other things, ill be ordering one in from the states via a few tax avoiding methods so unfortunately will not be there on friday.

Oh and i have an exam :(

14. macrumors 6502a

I will be heading to eldon square this friday to get an ipad (I hope :D)

Do we just line up and try to get one? or do we have to pre-order in store before hand?

15. macrumors newbie

jarodharris

I'll be queuing for a 64Gb 3G model, but I spoke to the guys in the Eldon square store and the centre only gets unlocked for staff to come in at 7am so if we arrive earlier we get to queue outside the centre itself rather than the store which makes me wonder which entrance others are planning to wait at.

16. macrumors newbie

Just line up I think mate!

17. macrumors newbie

I'd probably go for the Newgate street entrance near Debenhams! Could maybe called Eldon Square C/S see what they say! If we can get in at 7:00 i think it would be pointless arriving much earlier and it just be the case of faster pair of legs gets first place in queue. At the iPhone 3G launch in the metrocentre we were there from 5am and people came hours after us and just everyone ran for it when the security let us through

18. macrumors 6502a

Im leaving in a few mins, I'l see you guys on the battlefield.

19. macrumors newbie

jarodharris

There are about 25 here so far, so you should be in plenty of time

20. macrumors newbie

Woo hoo about 10th in the queue can't wait to get my 64gb wifi :)

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

Hope you guys are enjoying your iPads (sounds like your eating an ice cream i know)

ill be picking one up in the next week if i cant get one from the US

22. macrumors 6502a

Got mine was in the 1st section of the line :D very pleased, went for a 32GB 3G model and so glad I did, someone interviewed me for a newspaper but can't remember which one :s

Oh and typing this on my iPad:D

23. JsR
    macrumors regular

24. macrumors 6502

25. macrumors 6502