Election Day USA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xsedrinam, Nov 6, 2006.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

So, which are the close races in your particular region of the U.S. to be decided tomorrow? What significance if any is there to more women being elected to Congress? Will Missouri be in misery tomorrow, as predicted, with the election process? Maybe a new state to replace Floriduh, although that would take some doing?

Attached Files:

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Missouri's always in misery. Elections or not, this state sucks :D

Anyways, I already did my absentee ballot a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it actually gets counted, you know how things have been recentely :rolleyes:

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm in maryland, so i'll be voting for a couple tight races... sarbanes' senate replacement, and whether or not erlich will be re-elected as governor.

i have hated cardin's attack ads, and loved steele's responses. however, i cannot vote for steele based on several of his stances. cardin seems to go out of his way to NOT tell us what he believes in. i'll be voting green.

i still need to read up on the governor race. i will not be voting for erlich, although he's certainly a moderate republican (perhaps further left than jim webb in virginia... running as a dem against allen). i'll read up more on o'malley and the third party candidates and most likely vote o'malley or green.

4. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i voted absentee in pennsylvania, and only had three races and one referendum to vote on. i spent saturday volunteering with call for change, working hard to get santorum booted from office.

the house seat that was up for grabs in my district had no GOP candidate; it was a green vs. a dem. i'm a registered green and voted for titus north. i don't think he'll win, but he would have made a terrific representative.

santroum is in big trouble. seeing him removed from office will make me very happy, although i hope another democrat challenges casey in the next primary, should he win. he's far, far, far from perfect.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Maybe the biggest race in the country is happening here, its a three way race between Schlesinger Lieberman and Lemont. The race is predicted to be close but the polls are still giving Joe the edge.

6. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The "polls" are reported as favoring the Democrats on the issues. It'll be interesting to see what kind of credibility the polls have. Bush and Co. seem to sneer at polling and accompanying stats. I'm most curious to see if the some 86,000,000 projected U.S. voters who show up are predispositioned for change.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How accurate are those polls, they are just as reliable as Nielson ratings. People either will change there mind last minute or not decide or just lie so its really hard to get a reading on gallop polls.

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Ayuh.

I'm walking into the booth tomorrow to vote for Lamont. But I'm but one voice in sea of "moderates."

If people are as stupid as the right thinks, maybe folks really will have trouble finding Joe on the ballot ...

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Are we talking about the scientific polls or the Diebold polls?

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

MO, Jim Talent is a monkey
    MD. Michael Steel has nothing back other than his skin, yeah. he is smart, except he never be on the right side
    RI. Chafee, he isn't bad at all, but his very existence is helping GOP
    MT, If Conrad Burns can win, MT can vote a cow to be next president, since they apparent don't care about any value
    VA. Macaca Allen isn't smart at all, plus enjoy spending other people's life for his agenda
    TN, Never like Ford. and don't understand why he think he can win the election in a state with such a tradition. GOP is right, TN voting for black people is "NOT RIGHT".

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Nothing too controversial here. I voted for Angelides but am sure Arnie is going to win. His tone actually changed quite a bit this last year and he's been fairly progressive on a lot of issues. I don't know if that's simply a smokescreen to get re-elected or sincerity.

12. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I have my doubts that ORC gets too scientific, but that's about the extent of it, at least this particular link.

13. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I will be voting tomorrow in Maryland Legislative District 21 - which means I'll be voting for myself.:D

14. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I'm not registered in my current district, though I'm still registered in my last one...2 counties over. I'm wondering how guilty I should feel about driving over to my old precinct and voting :D

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Either way we're screwed, but 1 way we get screwed a lot less. Rather have people who do nothing than people who do everything wrong. So yeah, voting mostly Dem this year even though I don't like half the people I'm voting for. The people I'm voting against are a lot worse.

This is why I didn't used to vote, but this year's way too important to "protest".

17. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The candidates here are pretty easy to vote either for or against. I would love to see my congressman voted out but I doubt that's going to happen but my vote for his opponent is at the very least a way of expressing my displeasure with Herger's right wing, reactionary stance. Every time he sends out a mailing, I make sure to write him a letter telling him how dissatisfied I am with him.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but voting has become increasingly important to me. Protesting by not voting is just another form of apathy I've discovered.

18. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I'll be voting for Pederson tomorrow, even though douchebag Kyl is probably going to win. I'll also be voting against the "protect marriage" amendment, since if it passes civil unions will be illegal in Arizona for both straight and gay couples. I'll also be voting to raise the minimum wage in AZ (even though it probably won't pass).

I hate this state. Tomorrow all of the bigots are going to vote to make English the official language (already is?), they are going to vote to make same sex marriages illegal (they already are?), and they are going to vote in favor of punishing children of undocumented immigrants.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's why I said "protest". ;)

20. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

21. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Well, I guess it is a red letter day. We get to find out whether the US slide toward fascism has definitely reached the tipping point or not.

And what's up with the people of Connecticut? Why the hell would anyone re-elect Joe Lieberman? He must be the most egotistical man in America.

22. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I don't believe that Ugg by voting your taking part in their game which is there to bolster the fantasy that there is a choice,there isn't whoever you vote for a politician will get in.

Don't vote it just encourages the Bastards.

or alternatively if you must vote:

Vote early Vote often.

:rolleyes:

23. Queso macrumors G4

Just keep voting out the incumbent unless they put their constituents first. Do it every election until the crap gets pushed aside. Might take 20 years, but in the end they'll get the message and start listening to the people who vote them into their nice cushy job.

Flaw in this plan is that it requires several million people to put aside party politics and think, which isn't going to happen. Ever.

24. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'm voting for Schwarzenegger too. Not because of his political affiliation, but because I like him as a person. Everyone else I'm voting Democrat, because I'm hoping that they will take the house and give Bush a hard time.

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Allready voted:) we had 1 question here in South Carolina and that was not allowing the govt to grab folks land to build malls and crap. That got a big yes from me. Land grab is only for public use like roads & schools etc.