Election Day

Discussion in 'Community' started by MongoTheGeek, May 17, 2005.

1. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Its primary election day here.

I went out and voted. The wife and I would have been #1 and #2 but they tore ballot #1 accidentally so I we ended up as 2 and 3.

There was no one for constable so I penciled myself in. I showed my wife and she did as well.

The biggest election on the ballot was county DA. The old one went missing a couple of months ago.

2. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Congratulations CONSTABLE Mongo (makes me think of Blazing Saddles)! I am sure your future law enforcement careers will be widely celebrated (national enquire?). :D

Where does the great Mongo reside? LA?

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That'd be just great if everybody wrote themselves in for Constable but since you and your wife both marked for you then you become the new constable... for some reason I really hope you win... mainly because it'd be hilarious!

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

They still haven't located him? I haven't seen any stories for almost a month now - and at the time they didn't really even have any theories. Anything new?

As for being constable, good luck. It sounds as though it could be quite a large responsibility - is it?

5. MongoTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Port Matilda, PA.

We are choosing mayors as well. The choices are a widow who has held the job for at least the past decade and a guy who moved into town 6 months ago.

6. MongoTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Nothing new. His long time girlfriend was on the ballot for Jury Commissioner. That I think is where they met. For those not in the know the missing DA is Ray Gricar

From the sounds of it not really. After 40 hours of training I would be allowed to carry badge, arrest people, transport prisoners, guard a courthouse, serve warrants and evict people. With even more training and certification I would be allowed to carry a gun.

Constables are paid for the services they provide, for instance they get a fee for serving a warrant or subpoena by the person who wanted it served.

I would also be allowed to keep the peace at polling place.

My big interest is in issuing tickets to people who blow throw town at 2am riding the jake.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

8. MongoTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Don't know. I'm friends with the county party chairman. I can ask. If I really wanted to have the job I could have gotten off my but 2 months ago and walked down the street asking for signatures.

Maybe I would have need 10 votes to match the 10 signatures.

As for the mayor. Vi won. She got 58 votes as opposed to 26 for the opposition. She will be unopposed in November.

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

Well, good luck I suppose. Probably not a lot of work serving court papers around your area, but who knows... :p