Electric Scooters for commutin'

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sdashiki, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Id like to buy an electric scooter. You know those WAAAAAAAAAA sounding gas scooters that the jerk kids in your neighborhood ride? One of those, but electric.

Problem is, as always, price.

Seems a decent one costs $500-1000+!

Ive found many cheaper ones, "X-Treme" brand seems most popular, but many reviews for X-Treme are quite negative. In build quality and reliability.

Id like to spend $300, but it seems for that price id only be able to afford a dodgy quality scooter.

http://struggleville.blogs.com/home/2006/02/xtreme_scooters.html

has the most negative complaints of all, and even the actual owner of the brand seems to chime in and say "You spent $99, what did you expect?". And yet those who spent $300-500 seem just as pissed and gyped.

Do you have an electric scooter? Maybe a friend with one?

I need an unbiased opinion to help me decide if I am S.O.L. with spending $300 and getting a scooter that wont fall apart or quit on me...

2. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Yea, um, thanks...but like this was over a year ago and obviously, i dont care anymore.

BICYCLE FTW!

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I take it a thread has been deleted in there somewhere? Or Sdashiki is feeling very Schizophrenic about now :p

Anyhoo, are there any electric scooter safety studies done?

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yup. :) But your question about safety makes the thread legitimate again.

5. Sdashiki thread starter macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

For some reason, someone decided to search MR for the keyword scooter...

Then proceed to create an account using the business/website name, to post a link/photo to their site where they sell scooters.

What made less sense was he said "and they let you test them"...an online store...for an international forum...that lets me test drive them? Sure, send it my way Ill let you know if I like it.

:rolleyes:

the mods deleted that post.