Electrical Engineers, Help! Where can I buy this transistor?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Feb 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

My 3D printer went out and I need to replace a transistor. Do you guys know where I can find a CC1179 transistor?

This is admittedly a long shot.

2. Guest

eric/

engineering student, but I just used Google:

Is this it?

hope that helps

3. macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

Yeah Digikey is a good bet. Check with your EE Office at your school, at my school we get a pretty good discount and free overnight shipping.

4. macrumors 603

That's not a transistor. It's a time-delay solid-state relay, and a pretty high-power one at that (50 amps @ 240VAC).

I'm not sure why a 3D printer would have a time-delay SSR of any kind, much less one of that power. It seems more like something for an HVAC or furnace system.

Also, the part number that google so obligingly found is a Digikey part number (stock number), not the manufacturer's number that would be printed on the part. So I suspect it's not the correct part, but I could be wrong.

Best thing to do at this point is for the OP to take a picture of the dead part and post it. Also, compare with the picture on the Digikey product page.

5. Guest

eric/

I just googled the part # didn't really pay attention to what it was. I know digikey would likely have it.

6. macrumors regular

Between Digikey and Mouser, you can likely find 99% of every electronic component currently being manufactured.

7. macrumors G5

jav6454

Beat me to it. Digikey is your best bet.