Electronic Anklets Track Asylum Seekers in U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 2, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I heard this story on NPR yesterday and it made me sick. They also mentioned that Homeland Security was thinking of tracking all non-citizens. I mean, what the ****? Can anyone truly believe this is a just or even viable "solution"?

"Hello, and welcome to Amerika. This is your freedom bracelet, please wear it at all times, and be home by six o'clock every evening. Any failure to be at your designated Security Area by the appointed time will result in your immediate incarceration and possible deportation. Your three-times-a-week meetings with your Immigration Tracking Officer are not subject to negotiation on time or date, and you are not entitled to any compensation for missing work to attend these meetings. The meetings must be attended without fail. Welcome to the Land of the Free, we hope you will enjoy your rights while you are here, and that you become a productive member of our society.

Next!"

4. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Come one, you know they were going to find a way to purge brown people eventually. They are still courting the latino vote though, it just has to be done in the right way.

As B. Boxer said, this immigrant work exchange scheme they are proposing is just a magnet.