Electronic Medical Record

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lanray, Jan 6, 2006.

1. lanray macrumors regular

Has anyone had experience out there with an electronic medical record for Macs? Any comparisons with Misys?

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Misys no good from what I hear. But I don't know about mac platform. But wait to see about seamless windows.

My dad made his office a EMR which is very good for practices up to around 10 doctors. It runs windows only because it makes use of the Alpha 5 backend. http://www.moffatpublishing.com/

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Not sure if you mean practice management software. I use MacPractice in my office. By far the best program on OSX.

http://www.macpractice.com/

It's kind of spendy though. The service contract is $800/year but that includes unlimited tech support and free upgrades. And they upgrade this software 3-4 times per year. There is a version for MD, DC, DDS.

4. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, and clarification

Yep, Misys stinks. Takes as long to get through a note as it does a clinic visit.

I'm looking for an actual EMR for Mac, not just practice management. I'll be starting a clinic in the inner city in a few months, and I'd like to stay away from Windows, for philosophical (as well as taste) reasons. Maybe Linux? I don't have any experience with Linux, though. Would be nice to have software that does it all - appts, scheduling, messages, billing, EMR. Any suggestions? Thanks.

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

MacPractice does all that. Most EMR mac software is old and only works in classic, which I would not invest in. There are only a few that work natively in OSX. I've tried them all and MacPractice is the only one that is any good. Contact them and say you want to watch some QT demos. It will blow you away.

There are lots of options in the windows world, and most run fine under VPC. So that is another option.

6. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else have experience with Mac EMR?

Just curious. I signed up for the movie - hopefully I won't get a bunch of junk mail, as well. Thanks for the tip.

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

The think one the biggest benefits for a small business to use macs you won't get all the worms, viruses, trojans, etc etc on windows.

Just wondering... a hopefully not hijacking the thread, but what backup solutions do you guys you for your practices?

8. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

Not Hijacking

That's a great question. Also, with MacPractice, mcarnes, in your experience, has it been a good resource for research in your practice? E.g., can you go in and tag your patients with diabetes and see what percent have had an eye exam in the last year?

9. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

Sorry to revive this thread but I'm about to possibly switch my Father's surgical practice over to MacPractice from EHS this summer and would love as much feedback on the software as possible. For those of you who've posted earlier, has it continued to be great software, how does it compare to some of the best Windows practice management/billing/scheduling software out there, specifically EHS, if anyone has used both. Are there things you would change about the software, if so, what? Thanks in advance for your help.