elgato double charged me!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TiGeuse, Aug 14, 2002.

1. TiGeuse macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2002
    This is not a FLAME. It is just a heads up... i purchased eye tv off the elgato website about a 2 weeks ago. it arrived in a timely manner and so far i like it. don't get me wrong, it is not high def, or anything, but very versatile. (more so, when i can figure out a way to get qt6 pro to play with mpeg1. this ain't gonna happen is it? i heard i have to find an app to "de-mux" it or something? anyway, my account was charged for 209 dollars on 8/8/02 and then again 8/11/02. it wasn't until i started getting returned draft fees in this
    account. (i use it as my "safety account" so i do keep a cap on the limit). sent email to elgato and they say they did not double charge me. elgato want's me to fax them a statement or on-line banking report? my bank sez "no way" and that a dispute will be initiated in 10 days if no charge back. i will say that elgato has been very responsive, so far. and, the product seems pretty solid... i'm sure it will get better as the s/w is improved. so don't shy away from elgato because of the product. i will post as soon as i find out more about this. just wanted to see if anyone else had had this happen and see if i could get some advice. my first few posts on this forum have pollitley and helpfully answered and that is much appreciated.
  2. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I would suggest you talk to McRain or a lawyer. I dont understand why you can fax them a copy of your back statement (*black out overly personal info).

Good luck. I am looking forward to picking one up later on down the line... for now i will make due with a Formac Studio until all the bugs are worked out.

I heard cleo was looking for advice on them too.