Elgato DTT or Miglia DigiTV (DVB-T)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jcjcjc87, May 24, 2006.

1. jcjcjc87 macrumors newbie

I am buying a White 2.0Ghz Macbook soon.

I am planning on using it with my 20" Dell Widescreen and would like to watch and record HDTV on it using one of the above cards sold here in Australia.

Just wondering firstly how the Macbook would go running HDTV to an external monitor using one of those cards and secondly which of the two cards do people recommend? They both are the same price and use the same software (EyeTV)

I am interested if someone has the same setup (of planning on ) as above.

Cheers

2. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

If they're the same price, go for the Elgato. They're the ones that make EyeTV anyway, so you're guaranteed to have better support when you also use their hardware.

I don't know the specifics of those adapters, but if they're hardware based, you won't have any problems with HD recording. HD playback is going to work fine on either setup.

3. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Miglia

I bought the Miglia. Works a charm!

I am very close to the TV transmitter, 100% signal strength and quality with the little arial! But you may need to wire it up to ur main house one.

Miglia rocks.

F

4. jcjcjc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i will plug it into an external roof antenna, i doubt the tiny antenna will give me signal. Whats the remote like with it (responsiveness). What i dont like about the Miglia is the fact its like a USB stick and not sure how the remote works that is infra red. What computer does yours run on?

5. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Miglia remote

I'll be honest with you, the remote looks like it just came out of Taiwan. But its functional and it works very very well.

I'm running it on my Dual 2GHz G5 where I've plugged it on one of my back USB ports. Weird thing is, the remote still passes an infra-red signal somehow into the USB stick.

Not sure how it does it - but I doubt very much if you'll have issues when you plonk it on the side of you MBP.

The software (EyeTV is the best part of a very well put together package) rocks - I haven't played around with it too much (I just finished uni today) but i've been able to record, plan and encode for iPod very easily.

Money well spent :)