Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wargamer6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Anyone using this? I can't get the bluetooth beacon to show up on my iPhone 7 to set it up. Oddly enough, the beacon shows on an old android and windows laptop, yet not on any iOS devices.

adamsteinberg

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2016
San Francisco, CA
We've seen intermittent issues with Bluetooth Low Energy and the iPhone 7/7 plus where the phone cannot be paired or communicate with Eve until the phone is restarted. This iOS/iPhone 7 combo issue has been reported to Apple.

vondo

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
Anyone using this? I can't get the bluetooth beacon to show up on my iPhone 7 to set it up. Oddly enough, the beacon shows on an old android and windows laptop, yet not on any iOS devices.

Yeah, works fine with my iPhone 6

wargamer6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
We've seen intermittent issues with Bluetooth Low Energy and the iPhone 7/7 plus where the phone cannot be paired or communicate with Eve until the phone is restarted. This iOS/iPhone 7 combo issue has been reported to Apple.

It's not just with the 7 for me. I had it start on the 6 and on an iPad.

iPhonetherefore

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Taunton UK
My weather got delivered today. Took 2 attempts to get it set up but seems ok now. It is showing temp at ~2°C higher than weather apps at my location but I'll give it a few days to bed in before I think about moving it. Remote access works well on my Apple TV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.