Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A7X21112

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
San Diego
hey guys sorry for posing a new thread couldnt find one ?

Ok so heres the deal i have an elgato eyetv hybrid and i have it hooked up through analog. Does this mean i wont be able to use my elgato coming
2-17-09.i have Cox cable and i have a DVR and and digital cable but i cant figure out if i can somehow put it in digital?

Please help.

Thanks:apple::apple::apple:

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
I'm returning my eyeTV since it only allows me to view basic cable. Therefore, I'd call it useless as well

You should be able to view unscrambled basic cable and un-encrypted digital cable (Clear QAM) with EyeTV products. I think you could connect their products to the output of your cable box (if you have one) to view/record premium channels, but it would be an analog connection and I'm not sure you could control channels using the EyeTV software, etc.

Anyway, not sure I would call it useless for that -- for me it's much better than not being able to view and record basic cable, especially since that's all I have anyway. I can see how it wouldn't do much for a lot of people, though.

mix123

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
When everything goes digital you will have a set top box on every tv....so use the svideo in on ur eyetv and go from there.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.