elgato tv

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by onemacmini, Dec 8, 2005.

1. onemacmini macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2005
    i want the elgato ez but if im watching tv on my mac and find that i want to fall asleep and turn my mac off is there a way i can from the other side of the room. i have a bluetooth keyboard and salling clicker if this makes a differnce
  2. javiercr macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2005
    go to the shut down menu with a bluetooth mouse
  3. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    why not just put your mac to sleep? dont have to shut it down. just go to apple then sleep. works great and is always easier to wake up in the morning.
  4. vd0t macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2005
    I have a similar situtation (with the EyeTV 200). What I usually do is put my Mac to sleep using Salling Clicker, via bluetooth from my cell phone.

There's also a remote control that comes with the EyeTV200 (which is not all that useful, I like Salling Clicker way better). It will close the current channel/video but leave the Mac running. My Mac will then just sleep after a few minutes (you can set this to whatever time you like). However, my problem is, before going to sleep, the display on my Mac is on full brightness and I'm not all that happy with that when I'm trying to go to sleep myself. (What makes it even worse is I have a dual display setup). So like I said previously, I usually just put it to sleep from my phone.

Don't mean to steal your thread here (I was going to make another one regarding the EyeTV before stumbling upon yours)... Is there a way to export the recorded shows directly to iTunes (using H.264 or MPEG-4)? I'm thinking of getting an iPod video and this feature would be truly useful. I know I can export it out to iTunes manually using the latest update, but it would be awesome if this could be done without any user intervention. For example, I record a show at night, EyeTV would export it to iTunes (either during the recording or right after) and sync it with the iPod. I can then watch the show on my iPod on my way to school/work the next day. The other alternative is to have it directly record to H.264 or MPEG-4 directly (no hassle of re-encoding).

Chances are, this isn't a built-in feature (but please prove me wrong!). Since EyeTV is scriptable, anyone with Apple Script knowledge point me in the right direction. Better yet, would this kind of script be floating around the net already?! :D