Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karohan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I have recently become eligible for the Macrumors Marketplace but I don't know where to find it. How do I gain access to it?

Nov 28, 2010
located
As you made your 250th post just a mere 14 minutes ago, the following may apply:
I can't post
In order to post in the forums you need to have a registered user account, have activated your account by clicking on the activation link in your email, and be logged in.

To start a new thread you must be on a particular forum page, not the main forum page. To reply to a thread, you must be viewing that thread.

If you are certain that all of these conditions are true, there are a few other considerations.

Regular users cannot post new threads in the News and Article Discussion forums:

MacRumors News Discussion
MacRumors' Page 2 News Discussion
MacBytes.com News Discussion
iPhone News Discussion
Only MacRumors can create new threads in these areas but all registered users can reply to existing threads.

The following forums have a minimum post count requirement:

Marketplace
Politics, Religion, Social Issues
Only users with a history of 250 posts (user title 6502 or higher) and membership for at least 6 months can access the Marketplace forum. Only users with a history of 100 posts can post in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. If you start a "for sale" thread or political thread in another forum to avoid this rule, your thread will be deleted. Once you reach 100 or 250 posts, you may not immediately be able to post in these forums. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal, so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 100 or 250 posts. When you first gain access to the Marketplace forum, you will see it in the Community section of the forums.
from https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us#I_can.27t_post

karohan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Oh thanks a bunch! I swear I was reading the FAQ about it, but I just missed that part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.