Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
I've got a sound file that I recorded from a Classic application with WireTap, and the only problem is that a lot of the time this Classic application would introduce a lot of really quick but silent gaps into the sounds that were playing. I'd like to find an application that has a filter that simply eliminates any section of a sound file that is pure silence. Sound Studio and Amadeus II both don't seem to have such a filter, and I really don't want to go through and do this all manually (because there are a LOT of gaps, and because I don't want to have to do it manually should I ever record something from a Classic application again).

Does anybody know of any programs that do that?

stoid

macrumors 601
I don't know of a program that does that, but are you sure that they are true gaps in the song and not drops? I had the same thing (but few enough gaps to be done by hand) and after removing a gap I found that the music had actually been dropped in the gap and so the sound cut really weird when I removed the gap

simX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
stoid said:
I don't know of a program that does that, but are you sure that they are true gaps in the song and not drops? I had the same thing (but few enough gaps to be done by hand) and after removing a gap I found that the music had actually been dropped in the gap and so the sound cut really weird when I removed the gap

I'm almost positive they're gaps. In any case, a program like the one I want would help me figure that out. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.