Ellen Degeneres

Discussion in 'Community' started by asif786, Jul 4, 2005.

1. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

So, I was just watching one of the Ellen DeGeneres Standup shows, and it was absolutely hilarious!

I've always been a fan of ellen, from when she had the show about the bookstore ('Ellen'), to her standup efforts (which are great). I cant count how many times I've listened to 'The funny thing is' audiobook.

Anyway, so I was just wondering if there are any other ellen fans..or indeed any Ellen haters here (I dont think I've ever heard anyone say they dont like her..everyone does!). Also, have any of you ever been to one of her shows? It looks great..!

I wish we got her talkshow here in the UK. I was watching it while in canada for a few weeks and it's great! :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm a huge fan. She cracks me up every time.

Me too, I wish she played in Australia.

3. mpw Guest

You can, or at least you could, get her monologues on the QiuckTime page at Apple.com.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Don't care for her standup comedy that much, but she was awesome in "Finding Nemo."

5. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Ellen is AMAZING!!!
    Everything she does is brillant!!!!
    Where I can I download the Audiobook you were talking about??

6. asif786 thread starter macrumors 65816

asif786

You can get it from iTMS here

It's great for short plane journeys :D

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Ellen is awesome! She's indeed one of the best comedians out there today, and to boot, her show has some pretty good guests.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I've seen her stand-up shows on HBO, they never fail to crack me up, I love them, she's totally hilarious!

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

She's great and very honest about herself, which I admire. I'm very happy for her. :)

scem0

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have actually never seen any of Ellen's stuff...maybe I should check out her shows sometime, based on what was in this thread at the time I posted.

11. efoto macrumors 68030

She was definitely awesome in Finding Nemo, a great movie made all the better by a lovely actress (in this case voice).

I have never seen her standup before, but her talk-show and a few other spots have been entertaining, although I usually use that type of thing for background while I work on my computer, so admittedly I don't really watch. Based on what you all have said, I'll have to check it out though.

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shes good no doubt about that, but my all time favorite comedian would have to be Robin Williams, now that man can make your sides hurt from too much laughter...

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

True. And on the topic of cartoons, Aladdin was awesome thanks to him and him alone. :D

14. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I loved finding Nemo just because of Dorri (ellens character). She knows how to make people laugh in a good way. I havent watched her show, I might someday but it seems just like another talk show.