Ellen Feisse experience on my Mac!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daneoni, Mar 24, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

Mar 24, 2006
    Urgh!. I am sooo pissed off. Here i am thinking "Hmmm, let me try pages and see if its any good". So i start writing a 1000 word report using pages and i'm down to 800+ words and move on to creating a table, i create the table and as i'm filling it up guess what happens?........i get "Pages unexpectedly quit, Mac OS......".

My report is gone and i have to start from scratch!!!. Yes i know what you're all thinking...why didn't you save it. Well i assumed it'll automatically save or ask me to save changes as Microsoft Word does every 10 minutes. You'd think Apple would've incorporated this feature...apparently not!.

Well i sure as h e l l will not be using pages again. Good riddance and back to and i can't believe i'm saying this......Microsoft Word.
  2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    That sucks...It's never happened to me (fingers crossed), but I am hoping that autosave at least becomes an optional preference in Pages '07.
  3. WillJS macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2007
    Pages and Microsoft Office are different.. you shouldn't assume that it will save automatically.
  4. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2006
    Seems like you're letting your first experience with Pages dictate its value. Pages really is great, and I personally prefer it's tidy appearance over the bloated Word. And the name, too... sure, I've written "pages" of text before. Never have I written a singular "word" for an entire document.

Give it another chance... you know you want to.
  5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    LOL I'm glad people still remember Ellen Feiss. Sorry about your problem though.
  6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    There are thousands of Macintosh applications. Dozens of them have an autosave feature.