Elmer Gantry with a credit card reader

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 6, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Holy cow. You think some of the Religious Right are spooky -- take a look at this guy who was profiled on the front page of my local Sunday paper.

And there's more:

You know, somehow I just can't picture Jesus saying something like that.

So what we've got here is a guy who's apparently missed the WHOLE point of piggish, conspicuous wealth, with a "Christian warrior" attitude, all but saying that he's going to use his considerable assets to help elect Kenneth Blackwell governor -- on his way, I'm sure, to the presidency. Blackwell, was, of course, the guy whose questionable actions helped deliver Ohio, and the presidency, to Bush last year.

See what I mean about spooky? As much as being a profile, this lengthy, front-page article serves (at least to me) as an exposé...a warning that this is a guy we're going to have to watch out for in the future.

Like we really need another wealthy, influential, evangelical right-wing nut in this country. :mad:

2. macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Just another in a long line of avaricious preachers.

Great headline though. Got my attention.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Can't take credit for that one. It's in the full article.

4. macrumors 68030

mischief

Hmmm.... What's the word I'm looking for?

Ah yes:

Heretic!

I'm getting rather annoyed with the sheer number of greedy, duplicitous con men out there using Faith as a means to bilk, cheat, steal and lord over those who see them as holy.