eMac and Halo?

Discussion in 'Games' started by digitalgiant, Jan 13, 2004.

1. digitalgiant macrumors regular

Is halo even worth getting if I plan to run it on my eMac 1 ghz? I really dont care about super spiffy graphic stuff, I just want it to play smooth.

Thanks

2. sageenos macrumors member

I've been playing Halo on my TI powerbook 15" with a 667MHz G4, 512 MB of ram, 32 MB ATI 7500 (I think that's the correct card).

It plays decently at 800x600, but it's a little jumpy and the screen tends to black out when I get hit or when I pick up a health pack. Your eMac should do a pretty decent job with Halo. My recommendation is to go ahead and buy it.

3. digitalgiant thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I think i will buy buy it.

Laters

4. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Of course

Is it worth buying? Of course it is--Halo doesn't need THAT much power. I run it all the time on a 1 GHz eMac, and not on the lowest settings, either, and it works very well. Perfectly smooth. Great game, but the way. Not a big gamer, but good to see Halo back on the Mac.

5. digitalgiant thread starter macrumors regular

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Using it on a 17inch 800 256 iMac (which is slower than your machine) and it plays fine.

7. appleboy macrumors newbie

I have a 1 ghz emac and I play it all the time it seems to have some glitches with the ati chipset on the emac but when u upgrade to 1.3 its fine