eMac discontinued

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mgkwho, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Ok, I know this has been speculated, but I just want to reiterate and find out other people's opinions:

The eMac should be considered over. The only competition it has with the mac mini is that it is a whole unit including a CRT monitor.

The mac mini is more powerful and more affordable. Without a monitor is actually a smart move over the eMac for Apple because it allows monitors that people or businessess or schools etc. already have to be used instead and also a much wider range of options for new monitor choices.

Steve Jobs a while ago said that they're done making monitors that aren't flat panels. [This is by the way the whole issue with discontinuing/keeping the eMac]. And yes, the eMac has a flat CRT, but it is CRT none the less, and mac mini's let you have so much more customization.

Plus, there is the form factor.

You all might not consider these valid reasons to totally disprove whether or not the eMac is done, but for me I believe it is. They're already being replaced with more modern ideas. The new iMac is so much more appealing than a round [while once cool] computer, along with the miniscule mac mini. Why would Apple make the mac mini in addition to another computer that has the same reasons for use? It doesn't make sense. Apple isn't like the other companies- they have four desktop options right now. Two of which are really similar. One will go: the eMac.

Goodbye, eMac.

-=|Mgkwho :p

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Did you think this up on your own, or did you read the 20 other eMac discontinued threads and suddenly decide you had to start your own.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, there have been a lot of these threads already, so I'm closing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.