eMac Display Detachable?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by esotu, Jun 1, 2004.

1. esotu macrumors member

Does anyone know if the display on the eMac is detachable and able to function as a monitor?

I'm looking at building a new computer and am curious if I can detach the front of the eMac or if it, in it's entirety, can act as a monitor.

Thanks!

2. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Nope, neither are possible. The eMac is an all-in-one computer, the monitor is completely integrated into the system.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I would like to disagree with you. You can detach it but, not use it as a seperate moniter. You just take apart the emac and remove the wires to the monitor. If it is screwed on remove the screws and there you go a detacable screen.

4. esotu thread starter macrumors member

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

No, the emac moniter can not be used as a seperate monitor.

6. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

you for sure could unhook the monitor connection inside and use only an external. would the video mirror port then work as a normal monitor connection? I wonder this because mirroring is usually limited to the max res of the built in screen.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Apple buys the bare tubes, and builds their own electronics (aka, their subcontractors do the work in Apple's name).

Some of these electronics are on shared boards with the computer stuff.

So no you cannot use the eMac as a monitor by removing the computer portion.