eMac for 849.99, Brand New w/SuperDr

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smharmon, Jan 28, 2004.

1. smharmon macrumors member

I just ordered an emac 1ghz with superdrive, and panther. The mac is brand new, you can get one too at macconnection.com! (849.99!)
    I couldn't turn it down, and they shipped next day air for FREE! (although my order said Fed Ex ground, It shipped today, and will be to me by 5pm tomorrow!)
    Just thought you might like to know...

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

3. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Congrats! And thanks for sharing the great deal with us all. That sure beats a cheap Dell any day.;)

4. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

I'm a big fan of the eMacs. I just installed a new on for a client and he was in awe at the improvement over his previous iMac.

5. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

I really wanted the superdrive, and to have a bigger screen than just that 12in! The iMacs are good, but their performance isn't much better, and the price was right! I am going to put the screen hack on and use my 19in monitor with it too... now if that ipod mini would just show up in my mailbox...

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

One of apples best deals, hope you enjoy it. Fedx ground isnt the same as air so expect a few days shipping depending on where you live.

7. Icedog macrumors member

Did you have to call them for the deal, or could you order online?

8. Beligerent macrumors regular

Beligerent

I called them up...Its a great deal. The lady assured me it was loaded with Panther 10.3. I find that hard to beleive considering she gave me an item number of M8951LL/A. That item number is for the Jag units. By the time I receive this the "up to date " program will be over.

9. Icedog macrumors member