eMac just got bigger hard drive?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by KC9AIC, Mar 5, 2004.

1. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

For quite a while, I've been looking at eMac, and noticing how the lower end has a 40 GB hard drive, and the upper end has a 60. But I just checked a few minutes ago, and the Apple store offers 80s standard on the upper end. When did this change? Whenever it changed, I think that $1099 for a 1 GHz G4, with a Superdrive and 80 GB hard drive is great.

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

I think it's been like that for a while. When I bought my eMac last June, there were 40GB, 60GB and 80GB options, with the 80 GB at 1 GhZ with a superdrive. At some stage a few months later, they simplified it to two models, with 40GB and 80GB options.

3. evil macrumors 6502

yep mine has an 80 gig and ive had it for four months or so

4. KC9AIC thread starter macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I'm sure that 80 gig hard drives have been available for a while, but I think this if the first time it's standard for the $1099 model. FWIW, 160 gig hard drives have been available for quite some time.

5. evil macrumors 6502

nope. sorry.

mine is the superdrive model and it came standard with the 80 gig.
    i got mine right after they made the 80 gig standard and that was in November.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Basically the change eliminated the CD-ROM version and killed OS 9 bootability (though nobody saw any real hardware changes that would have eliminated OS 9).