Emac Monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mac2004, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Mac2004 macrumors regular

I really like the Emac but what does everyone think of the emac monitor? Is it good and better than the old color imacs monitor? How is the resolution? I was looking at it tonight and it seem to flicker lightly if you really look closely at it. Is the Emac monitor good or not??

Let's hear from new Emac owners and anyone else!! It seems like a very powerful home office computer. :)

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It is DEFINITELY better than the G3 imac monitor (those monitors sucked badly) i'm not sure how good it is though.

3. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

The flickering is probably a result of the screen burning a hole your retina's ;). Personally i think the eMac looks like crap, but to each his own.

Anyway, lets be serious for a second now :rolleyes:. To answer your question id have to guess and say that its probably very similar to the screen that was in the old iMac... a good or a bad thing, you deside :D. In any case, Apple isn't in the habbit of making worse products ;).

And on a lighter note: the amount of radiation being pumped out by that thing can't be good *strokes his LCD*.

Have fun,

Mark.

4. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

Ok, so look at the diagram... and the arrow right in the center, pointing the the little shadowy bit. A coincidence? i think now ;).

5. neon macrumors member

four of my coworkers are on emacs all day and they love them, i think the screens are great (as far as crt's go). i use an imac myself at work but am considering purchasing an emac (i can get educational discount at the moment but i think it will expire before the new imacs are available, and if they're g5 and spangly i probably couldnt afford one for a few months anyway (uk prices ugh)).

i have changed my mind about emacs a lot to be honest, but the more i am around them, the more i like them, and the price is perfect.

the coworkers using them don't do power intensive work (of course) but with virtual pc running, quark, office:mac and probably safari and itunes (damn them and their secluded office) they hold up very well, i was surprised when we got them actually (we had four imacs stolen and actually couldnt get any more at the time).

6. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

The screen, i'm sorry to say is a pretty crappy shadow mask CRT. While I must admit, the screen is the brightest i've ever, with some really awesome color reproduction, its still marred by horrible dot pitch, especially around the edges. The refresh rate offerings isn't all that great either - I can't even use its max resolution of 1280x960, because its limited to 72hz refresh, which hurts my eyes too much. Turning the resolution down one notch helps a lot. The screen is "ok" for the most part, but any quality monitor (trinitron, diamondtron, etc) made within the past 4 years would be a good deal better.