eMac problems?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by titaniumducky, Dec 7, 2003.

1. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

I read some complaints about the eMacs displays. They either ticked, reshaped (geometry messed up), or had bands.

The other problem had the display's image warp when playing audio from the internal speakers fairly loud.

I'm probably going to get an eMac soon (probably after MWSF) and was wondering if anyone has recently bought an eMac? Have you had any weird problems with it? I currently have a PowerBook and love it, but I don't want to buy a defective product.

2. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Nope. Just got one for my mom and everything is perfect. Those screen problems were solved over a year ago.

Should be a nice machine for you.

Good luck.

3. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Thanks. That's good to know. The threads I read were less than a month old, but those may have been older eMacs.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I have an older eMac, I bought it before the raster shift problem was fully described, and its been perfect in every respect, the screen is a beaut, and the machine is probably the best value Mac there's ever been.

5. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I agree that the emac is a great value. it has virtually the same innards as a new LCD imac and is far more practical.

6. evil macrumors 6502

my emac is a month old. the screen is fine.
    there are some waves when the audio goes to a fairly loud volums. but it is no way a problem.

7. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

that would happen on any crt screen with loud music near by

8. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I too have an eMac and have had no display or other problems with it whatsoever in the 7 months I've had it. It's easily the best Mac for the money these days IMO.

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I purchased my eMac a few weeks ago and recieved it the day before Thanksgiving. It's a 1Ghz G4/512MB Ram/160GB HD/Superdrive.

To be frank...it's awesome. The fan in the back is said by some to be loud, but it doesn't bother me. And yes, loud music or audio played through the internal speakers makes the sides of the screen go wavy a bit...but that's only at the COMPLETE maximum--and it depends on the music/audio. Some does it, some doesn't. And honestly, when it does it, it's not as distracting as you'd think.

Only problem so far I see is my Lexmark Z42 inkjet printer is being pissy, sometimes not printing--but I attribute that to an OS problem and not the actual computer.