emac shipping delays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cait-sith, Apr 17, 2004.

1. cait-sith macrumors regular

anyone else's emac order get pushed back a week? how annoying.

i called and told them i'd like to get expidated shipping for free, (since i had opted for ground) and they told me it was already set for expidated. go figure?

damn it, when do i get my mac!

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Sorry dude, just saw this on AppleInsider:

Apple may be double checking the operability of its new high-end eMac, while shipments of refreshed iBook and PowerBook models are reportedly already in transit to the US.

According to sources in manufacturing and reseller channels, Apple has recently placed its 1.25GHz eMac SuperDrive model on a short-term quality hold. While most resellers have yet to receive the new desktop, those who have are being instructed not to begin selling units to customers.

In a memo to employees Apple noted that there is "no confirmed problem" with existing inventory of the new eMac, but acknowledged ongoing testing of the high-end configuration. AppleInsider can only assume that a potential issue relating to the computer's new 8X Super Drive was recently questioned

3. cait-sith thread starter macrumors regular

i got a combo drive model :eek: damn you dvd burning users!

4. rsn macrumors newbie

Harddisk speed

How fast is your harddisk: 5400 rpm?

5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

According to AppleInsider's report, combo drives are still expected to ship:

"Sources said to expected the new models by Tuesday afternoon. Combo Drive 1.25GHz eMacs should begin shipping on Monday."

So hopefully you will get yours soon!!!

:)

6. Stecchino macrumors member

7200 RPM

I've got a 7200 RPM in my 1 Ghz/SuperDrive eMac.

7. Stecchino macrumors member

I just ordered a 1.25 GHZ/SuperDrive model and from the get-go I've been told 2-3 weeks. AppleInsider's 5-7 day estimate looks SHORT compared to mine.