eMac start-up sound

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by damson34, Oct 28, 2002.

1. damson34 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know why when I start up my eMac the start up sound does not come on??? thanks for the help

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

if you turned the volume down on your computer before you shut it down then there is no sound, it does this with all macs.

3. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

4. awulf macrumors 6502

When I turn the volume down or mute the speaker in my PM7600/132 and restart it the chime still comes on quietly

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I might have just imagined this, but I thought I had read something that said that there is no start up chime on the eMacs, and some other computers. I might have imagined this, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Oh God... Im getting senile and I am only 15.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i thought the only way to disable the startup chime completely was to have something in the headphones/speaker jack... could be wrong tho.. so it could be hardware, there's a little switch that tells the computer if something's plugged in...

by the way, i have to say again that one of the things i miss most about classic macs were the different chimes. the 6100s were my favorite... that "twang"...

:)
    pnw

7. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

You must have read it in "Imaginary Magazine." I just started one up in the campus Mac lab, and the startup sound graced me with its presence. I'm not sure about others though. I think all Macs have the startup sound.

8. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

OFF TOPIC: heh 15 im older than you :D I'm 16, anywho, what kind of Mac do u have?