Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
Hi, please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere. I think I've searched this forum pretty thoroughly, but when it comes to Mac hardware, I'm pretty lost and so I may not be searching using the right terminology.

I have an eMac G4 running OS X 10.3.7. The Pioneer DVR-104PD that it came with went kaput. This eMac is past warranty, and so I'm about to replace the drive. Newegg lists a Pioneer DVR-109BK for a reasonable price. xlr8yourmac.com says that the DVR-109 is compatible with Mac as long as I install the latest Patchburn. But where I'm getting lost is with the letter designation following the model number: BK. Does anyone know if that's a mechanical specification, or does it simply relate to the style of the unit? Like, color? It's got a black faceplate, could the BK simply refer to the black faceplate? Should I be cautious about getting this particular model CD/DVD drive for my eMac?

Thanks for your help!

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
After doing a quick scan of Pioneers website the BK in 109BK stands for black as in the colour of the plastic front.

Click here for 109BK version

Click here for 109 version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.