eMachine laptop help!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by seabass069, Oct 30, 2006.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2005
    My girlfriend left for the Middle East, (US NAVY), 3 weeks ago. She bought an eMachine n-10 laptop from Wal-Mart. The military had to wipe the drive clean. She went to reinstall everything from the restore disc and suddenly the ethernet drivers were not there. Apparently she was supposed to run the restore disc a certain way so that certain drivers, (ethernet) were loaded onto a partition and then the OS was loaded and grabbed the drivers from the partition. I guess she did not do that and put the disc in after the military slicked the drive. Now, she has a laptop with no ethernet drivers. Emachine doesn't know who makes that particular motherboard. So the only way she can the drivers is from a new restore disc that eMachine has to send her. Emachine has known about this for a long time, but failed to tell anyone about it.

Does anyone know who the motherboard manufacturer is of the eMachine n-10. The damn website doesn't even list that laptop. It's --cking crazy. I need the ethernet drivers so that I can send them to her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    This should tell you what hardware you're using. Then I'd go to the manufacturer's site (not emachines) and download the drivers. :)