eMacs screen updated???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by crassusad44, Feb 5, 2003.

1. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know for sure if the screen on the eMac has been updated?

One the tech specs page on Apple.com, it seems like the eMac now support a 72 Hz refresh rate at the highest resolution. Earlier the refresh rate was only 60 Hz!

Also. If the screen has been changed... Was this also done to fix the numerous problems users has exprienced, and has the problems been fixed???

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

3. davy the bunny macrumors regular

always been at 72 Hz

yeah, I have one of the first eMacs and at 1280x960 which is it's highest resolution the refresh is 72Hz. So yeah, that's the way it's always been.

4. crassusad44 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... A friend of mine has an eMac from September, and it's only 60 Hz.... Maybe I got it all wrong (damn...)

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

different resolutions use different frequencies thats why the different numbers. also dont know if its true but had read a post were there was a wire harness problem that was causing the emacs to have bad displays and that it had been fixed.

6. davy the bunny macrumors regular

That's why I made sure to say that it was at it's highest resolution at 1280 x 960 @ 72 Hz. . . Otherwise I would've said that the highest refresh rate was 112 Hz @ 800 x 600.