emacs & terminal question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M-theory, Feb 20, 2006.

1. M-theory macrumors 6502

M-theory

Hi,

sorry if this has been exhasted, BUT, I noticed in another thread, a discussion about emacs programs and alternatives.

I was wondering if it is possible to customize the terminal [I know this can be done with tcsh in unix by editing your .cshrc file and adding LS_COLORS]. The white backround terminal and black text is less than desirable.

and in accordance with this, I was wondering if there is an emacs program that allows for customization.

thanks in advance.

2. M-theory thread starter macrumors 6502

M-theory

:) thanks again

any ideas about a customizable emacs? or would you say just use text wrangler instead?

in 'february desktops', 'platform' commented on the norwegian performance in the olympics, which isn't like previous years, but the performance by 'Estil' was one of the most impressive so far...inspiring.

love the new 'magic eye' 'tar

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Sorry, I have no idea about customizeable emacs. I only use emacs when I must... and that's not often. ;)

I don't really follow the Olympics, I'm afraid. Of course it's impossible to avoid (;)), but I try staying clear of all the long, boring broadcasts, as best I can. That Norway doesn't do too well is actually just an advantage, because Norwegians and the Norwegian media tends to go overboard with a nausiating nationalistically conceitedness. :rolleyes:

Of course I'm not 100% consistant in my hate for the Olympics and actually cheered for Amodt thaking the Super G gold... ;) :D

The tar is a temp one, the little South Park character is coming back... sooner or later... but thanks... :)