email a big file?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Frisco, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

My friend is trying to email me a big quickbooks file through gmail. He is getting an error message that you can't send executables because of the potential for a virus. It is around 10 megs.

Does anyone know of a free email account that will let send an executable that is 10 megs?

Thanks!

2. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

if its .exe just zip it. If its a little more than 10 MB use yousendit.com

3. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks a lot! I like that yousendit site. Appreciate it!

4. CraigB macrumors member

Why not use an instant messenger? I don't know what the purpose is for, and it might seem unprofessional, but it beats having to go through Yousendit.

5. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I've always had trouble with using IM to send files. And with IM you both have to be online at the same time. I don't see what is so wrong with yousendit.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...just to backtrack to the original post for a second - even if .exe attachments were allowed through by the receiver's server it still might not have made it through because of the size. Most ISP's have limits on the size of mail attachments - for some it is as small as 3MB...I believe 5MB is probably the most commonly set limit now though but there are those that allow higher....oh yeah!