Email client that sorts by email address?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by calbear7, Feb 20, 2006.

1. calbear7 macrumors newbie

Hello, all,

Does anyone know of an OSX email client that can sort incoming mail by EMAIL ADDRESS? I have been unable to find a single Macintosh email client that does so. They can all sort by "sender," but that actually sorts by the sender's NAME. I run a business via which I need to match a customer's ordering email address to the customer's PayPal email address, so I need to sort mail strictly by email address. Please help!

Thank you

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry I can't be much help but would Smart Mailboxes in Apple's Mail help? I don't fully understand what you're wanting to do but you could sort the new mail into folders according to the stem of their address. :)

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, Entourage 2004 doesn't do it. It only offers a "From" column that shows the friendly name of the sender, not the e-mail address (unless no friendly name is specified, in which case you do get to see the actual e-mail address).

4. calbear7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm crazy, but shouldn't sort-by-email-address be an incredibly basic sorting option of all email clients? :mad:

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I guess not enough people care about it.

For what it's worth, I don't see this option in Outlook 2003 for Windows, either.