Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
Respected sir

I am doing M.sc bioinformatics in india, urgently i need Macintosh
operating system. can u give one copy of Mac os CD to me. if have helping tendancy, please send the information to my E-mail. i am from poor background. please help me.

Thanking you yours Faithfully
G.gopi

I recieved this email this morning, I was wondering if anyone else here recieved it too? If anyone else has, I guess the search feature is no working yet because I see no one with that name here. I also hope that this forum isn't being havested for spam mail.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
varmit said:
Respected sir

I am doing M.sc bioinformatics in india, urgently i need Macintosh
operating system. can u give one copy of Mac os CD to me. if have helping tendancy, please send the information to my E-mail. i am from poor background. please help me.

Thanking you yours Faithfully
G.gopi

I recieved this email this morning, I was wondering if anyone else here recieved it too? If anyone else has, I guess the search feature is no working yet because I see no one with that name here. I also hope that this forum isn't being havested for spam mail.

I think this forum may very well be used for harvesting addresses for spam. I got some spam a while ago, which I suspect is because I put my MSN handle in my signature (it has since been removed). As to your other question, I suspect it's just a spam scam.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
All they want is a copy of Mac OS X? Don't these people have illegal file sharing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.