Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
"Frank,
I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that MetaX 2.3.4.8 is out with full QuickTime tagging support. I think you'll find it much better than the initial support I squeezed in there. Enjoy! - Rod"

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
This guy is one of the best non-professional developers out there. Not only has he given us a pro-grade tool, he's not hard to get an answer from and actually listens to his users' feedback.

I think everyone who uses MetaX should toss him a few bucks via his PayPal donation link. Even a few dollars helps keep MetaX rolling along.

And everyone not using MetaX, I highly recommend it for tagging your media collection before adding to iTunes.

Jurry

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Oostherhout, The Netherlands
This guy is one of the best non-professional developers out there. Not only has he given us a pro-grade tool, he's not hard to get an answer from and actually listens to his users' feedback.

I think everyone who uses MetaX should toss him a few bucks via his PayPal donation link. Even a few dollars helps keep MetaX rolling along.

And everyone not using MetaX, I highly recommend it for tagging your media collection before adding to iTunes.

Okay, so how does this application basically works then, because I am really interested in this one. I have lots of movies in MP4 format. I import one of these movies in MetaX, and what happens then? Does it tag my movie automatically?

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Okay, so how does this application basically works then, because I am really interested in this one. I have lots of movies in MP4 format. I import one of these movies in MetaX, and what happens then? Does it tag my movie automatically?

I think theres a video tutorial on his website.

KakaduDreamer

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Exeter, California USA
Alas, what are us poor Windows users to do? We cannot use this great application, MetaX in XP or Vista. I've searched far and wide and simply cannot find anything that comes close to it in terms of functionality... :(

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007

Yep, MetaX is simply the best when tagging with ATV. You can browse different artwork to select what you want instead of the default. Awesome application.

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
Alas, what are us poor Windows users to do? We cannot use this great application, MetaX in XP or Vista. I've searched far and wide and simply cannot find anything that comes close to it in terms of functionality... :(

I would love one also. I just can't get rid of my Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.