Email iTunes links???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AndyR, Feb 22, 2006.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Does anyone know of a way to email someone a link to a specific page/song on iTunes? Thinking of when I find a song/vid that I know friends would like I would like to "recommend" it to them so they get a link straight to it but can't see a way to do it.

2. emaja macrumors 68000

I don't know if you can do individual songs, but on the album page by the cover art is a link for "Tell a Friend." Click that, type in their email address and you can add a short note to specify which song(s) you are sending a recommendation for and they will be notified.

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I don't know if this works on a PC, but on a Mac, just click and drag the song, and it will become a link you can drop in any text editor.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

The links are REALLY long, but if you select the song in iTunes and right-click and select "Copy iTunes URL" and then paste it into your email.

When the person clicks on the link, it'll open a web browser and then open iTunes and go to the song. If they have iTunes.

5. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Your all stars!!! The "Tell a Friend" is exactly what I was after for the albums but the link to each song will do me perfectly for the odd songs I want to email people about.

Thanks for your help!