Email not showing up on notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by adamj575, Sep 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

adamj575

I've got it set up to show my email in notification center but nothing shows when I get new emails...any idea why? Is there something I'm missing here?

2. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Settings > notification center > mail

It's not on by default check the settings then reboot

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

4. macrumors member

I got the same issue. Emails are not showing in notification center and I noticed the email app is not even updating even my push accounts. I have three email accounts, work, outlook (for gmail), and yahoo, all set to push.

None of them are showing up on the lock screen or even as a badge alert. Anyone?

5. macrumors 6502

I momentarily stopped pushing yesterday but a hard reset and disabling/re-enabling the account fixed it.

6. macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Took me a bit originally, but try this:

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Turn on "banners" in each of your mail accounts (maybe "banners" in your case as well?)

Settings -> Notification Center; Make sure you have "Mail" dragged up to the Include section

Settings -> Notification Center -> Mail; Make sure "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" are turned on

7. macrumors member

Ok, not sure who should get the credit blhoward2 or firstapple, but I did both your suggestions and it fixed it. Thanks!

Now can you fix the lack of gmail exchange in the native app? :rolleyes: I know it's gone, just wish apple and google would play nice.

8. macrumors 6502a

firstapple

No credit required, haha. Just trying to help wherever I can. After using iOS 7 for the last month or so I've had some decent practice at making things work.

Glad you got it going!