email on a wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by kakkoiimac, Nov 30, 2006.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

hey guys..i love my wii...i just now am trying to do a little email here... how are you supposed to email just a regular email address?

When i register my own email address on my wii it says that both parties need to registar before we can send messages...how am i supposed to do this?

Maybe i am just dumb but i cant figure it out...also i searched the forums but i couldnt find a topic on this...thanks for any help

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Email the address you want to exchange email with. They will get a email from yourwiiaddress@wii.com and once they reply to it you will be able to send to them.

Ed

3. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

yeah thanks... I realized that i really am dumb and that registration email from my email just went straight to my junk mail folder...my bad...thanks for the reply

4. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

how do you email on a wii? does it have a keypad, or do you have to cycle through the alphabet? in which case wouldnt it be easier to walk over to your lovely shiny mac?! :rolleyes:

5. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

whenever a box for text comes up a little virtual keyboard pops up and you point the wii remote at each letter you want...you can also toggle to use a quickword feature like a cell phone

I tried to find a screen shot but couldnt find it...

Sending emails is easier on my mac...but some times i am just too lazy to get off my couch :)

6. p0intblank macrumors 68030

So is Wii email an ordinary service like any other (Google, Yahoo!, etc.)? Regular computer users that don't own a Wii could still send mail to my console? If so, that's pretty awesome. :)

7. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

umm...it is like a super kid friendly...not so much friendly as protective...email. For me to receive your email i have to register you and you have to register me.

other than that yup...you can email your fellow mac users and cell phones too...pretty nifty...you should definately pick one up:)

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

By emailing phones do you mean actually sending a txt/mms message? or is just as simple as POP3 on a phone?

9. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

not quite sure yet...i still havent tried it...I dont own a cell...i know, i know, im probably the only person on earth with no cell phone...the reason...

see my sig

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's alright. I don't have a "cell" phone either ;)

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

sending sms to phones would be awesome but i guess it's more sending email or something like that ... otherwise nintendo would need a contract with phone service providers usw.

but i wouldn't have a problem if it were strict sms as long as it's free ;)