Email to iPhoto workflow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pizzach, Nov 29, 2005.

?

If you were given a choice, would you choose yes or no?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pizzach macrumors member

pizzach

I don't ever use iPhoto. But it seems like it would be the easiest way to create a workflow for my mother. I'm looking for something that works simply and elegently.

Situation 1:
    My mom uses email. She get's pictures of her daughter's baby. She wants to save them. But where? Saving them to the iPhoto folder doesn't make them automatically appear in iPhoto. Importing takes a bit more work and time that it should take to do something like that.

Situation 2:
    Need and easy way to attach pictures. Not being able to tell what the pictures are until you highlight them or open them is cumbersome. iPhoto would seem like a good idea with its email icon. I also tried preview but that was too cumbersom and anti-simple. It was the enemy of simple.

So, what are you guys doing to manage photo? Sad to say it, but how Linux and Windows displays the photo as an icon is really handy.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I'm not at my mac right now so I can't check on the first one, but I think that Tiger has added a feature to save photos to iPhoto. I know that they did that in Safari.

As for the second thing. Just select the photos you want to email in iPhoto and hit the email button. It will ask what size you want to send them as including an estimate of how large the total attachment will be. Choose your size and hit OK. It opens Mail and a new message and attaches the images for you. Fill out the To: field and your pretty much done. You can add a message if you want or just hit send.

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

yes, tiger has a slideshow and save to iphoto button. it's a wonderful addition.

4. pizzach thread starter macrumors member

pizzach

Arg. Almost sounds about time for a Mac Mini just to get the updated Mac OS 10, USB 2 ports within easy reach, and iLife. Makes me kinda sad I can't move the extra hard drive and 1gb of memory to it easily.

Thanks guys. Now I don't have to go blindly search. :)

5. stikienickles macrumors newbie

iphoto saving

i just got a mac laptop. i wanted to save pictures from myspace and facebook into iphoto. how do i do that?